No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (8-9, 0-4) at SOUTH FLORIDA (10-5, 3-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering that the Shocks shot 2-19 on treys, were outscored 18-10 from the line and turn the ball over at twice the rate (14-7) of the opponent it's pretty impressive to only lose by 4 on the road. Now if they can just improver their 3-pointing shooting to 4-19...

There are multiple was to a lose games, and multiple ways to win game. Bad teams seem to have a knack for finding ways to lose. Good teams do the opposite.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 21, 2024, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Wonder if 3G feels vindicated or sad. Vindicated because he was the gold standard or sad because what he built has crumbled.

Comment

• We need to start a Baseball and/or Softball Start of the Season clock countdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Bell really is NOT a PG. That's all we got after Cortes.
          He’s the worst shooting guard then. Most SGs are proficient from the 3. Bell is a decent 3 man for a low level D1 or D2 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

He’s the worst shooting guard then. Most SGs are proficient from the 3. Bell is a decent 3 man for a low level D1 or D2 team.
            Bells line today:
            14 pts
            6-12 fg
            1-2 3pt
            1-2 ft
            8 reb
            2 assist
            3 TO
            1 blk
            35 min

if I didn’t know better I would guess this was last years PG line.

Comment

And that's his story. His 2 years at Drexel, he was 42 and 36% from 3. Last year at WSU, he played only 14+ mpg and shot 38/23% from 2 and 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

Bells line today:
                14 pts
                6-12 fg
                1-2 3pt
                1-2 ft
                8 reb
                2 assist
                3 TO
                1 blk
                35 min

if I didn’t know better I would guess this was last years PG line.
                6/12 FGs is not that great when you shoot 3 footers. Stats do not tell the story on Bell. It’s his decision making and inability to pass the ball when he gets in the lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  We can all take solice that we will no doubt get a lovely letter of apology from the league concerning the inappropriate changing of a common foul call during a review.
                  Only if Coach Mills brings it to the league's attention (which he likely won't)

Comment

• Eagle game story:
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post

Only if Coach Mills brings it to the league's attention (which he likely won't)
                      I mean.. We got a 6 pt possession on a questionable flagrant also

Comment

• Turnovers, turnovers turnovers... Ft's and the failure to work the ball inside..If yours 3's arent falling please go inside.
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

6/12 FGs is not that great when you shoot 3 footers. Stats do not tell the story on Bell. It’s his decision making and inability to pass the ball when he gets in the lane.
                          You just said he was the worst shooting guard ever. Personally I’d take any guard that could shoot 6/12 today and stuff the stat sheet every game. Seriously, would you rather have had Cortez playing 35 minutes today?

I understand we’re all sick of losing, but Bell is not why we lost today. He could have been our best player.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            Turnovers, turnovers turnovers... Ft's and the failure to work the ball inside..If yours 3's arent falling please go inside.
                            USF was clogging the lane so much they were daring us to take wide open 3s. Most teams would have torched them. We just strengthened their resolve.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

You just said he was the worst shooting guard ever. Personally I’d take any guard that could shoot 6/12 today and stuff the stat sheet every game. Seriously, would you rather have had Cortez playing 35 minutes today?

I understand we’re all sick of losing, but Bell is not why we lost today. He could have been our best player.
                              Dog,
                              You either didn't watch the game today or you haven't had your rabies shot.
                              Bell did some of the dumbest **** known to basketball today.
                              Between stupid passes and committing dumb fouls, plus his usual driving into the lane and throwing up crap at the basket, it was a symphony of stupidity on display.

I understand he is playing out of position and is not an AAC level player, but some of his decisions border on High School level, at best.

I would love to sit in on the film session back in Wichita as the coaching staff grades this gem of a game today.
                              Hope they have plenty of pepto-bismol on hand while doing so.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Bell did some of the dumbest **** known to basketball today.
                                Between stupid passes and committing dumb fouls, plus his usual driving into the lane and throwing up crap at the basket, it was a symphony of stupidity on display.
                                The bounce pass that Bell attempted on a fast break may have worked if Bell had remembered to add the bounce. It's like he threw it at the floor and it just stayed there while it rolled out of bounds.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X